Pokémon GO, released in 2016 has gained a lot of popularity around the world as the trending AR game! But all the fun can vanish if you’re not living in major cities of the world. As you will notice that you have a very limited set of Pokéstops and Gyms, and also, there are not many Pokémons to catch as you are probably living in a rural area or a very less population of your country plays this game. This is where a Pokémon GO spoofer comes in!
With a Pokémon GO spoofer, you can easily change your location to anywhere in the world and teleport to places like Circular Quay in Australia, or Central Park of New York which are the best places to play Pokémon GO. Although, you have to make a combination of a couple of tools to assemble your Pokémon GO spoofer to get a load of this interesting game!
What Tools Do You Need To Geo-Spoof Pokémon GO
For a Pokémon GO spoofer, you need a reliable VPN Service, a GPS Spoofing app, and a Location Mocking module installed on your device. What a VPN does, it will change your IP Address to a different location. But, Pokémon GO uses your mobile device’s GPS coordinates to match your real location, which means you need to enable your GPS Spoofing app along with the VPN.
By enabling your GPS Spoofing app, Pokémon GO won’t be able to recognize whenever you change your location. There are plenty of GPS Spoofing apps available for Android and iOS devices used as Pokémon GO spoofers.
How to Create a Pokémon GO Spoofer on Android
To catch new and rare Pokémon by having access to unlimited Pokéstops and Pokémon Gyms, you have to take the risk of rooting your Android device. Follow the steps below to create your Pokémon GO spoofer in no time!
- Download and install a reliable VPN service on your Android device. Make sure you know how to use a VPN.
- Install a Fake GPS app on your device from Google Play Store.
- Go to your Android Device’s Settings and go to About Phone.
- Find Build Number and click on it seven times. From this activity, you will enable the Developer Mode on your Android Device.
- Go to Settings, locate Developer Options and tap on Mock Location. Select your Mock Location App.
- You have to install a module called Mock Mock Location from Xposed Module Repository, for which you need to root your Android Device.
- When everything is done, turn your VPN on by setting up a location you desire.
- Turn On your GPS Spoofing app and select a location nearer to your VPN location. Start your Pokémon GO and enjoy catching rare Pokémons like Pikachu, Tirtouga, and Axew.
How to Create a Pokémon GO Spoofer on iOS
To be able to add new Pokémon to your collection, you have to Jailbreak your iOS device. Follow the steps to smoothly fake your Pokémon GO location.
- Download and install a reliable VPN service (Learn about Surfshark for its value-for-money user-friendly interface).
- Jailbreak your iOS device.
- Download tsProtector (to hide your phone’s status of being Jailbroken) from Cydia (App store for Jailbroken devices.
- Choose a GPS Spoofing app and download it.
- Turn your tsProtector On.
- Choose a location on your GPS Spoofing app and turn it on.
- Start your VPN app and make sure to choose a location similar to what you have chosen on your GPS Spoofing app and connect to it.
- Turn on your Pokémon GO and start playing!
iMyFone AnyTo Location Changer as a Pokémon GO Spoofer
Another way to change your location is to get a subscription plan of iMyFone AnyTo Location Changer. You can download it free but it has its limitation. For a one-month subscription plan, iMyFone AnyTo costs $9.95. It works on Android and iOS so you don’t need to worry about compatibility issues.
It is the best GPS Spoofing app for Pokémon GO and other AR Games. What makes this unique and incredible from other ways of playing Pokémon GO is that you can actually set up a customized walking pace and mimic walking through the street by selecting an initial position and a destination to explore more Pokéstops and Gyms.
Download iMyFone AnyTo on your computer and install it. Connect your phone to the computer via USB (Make sure USB Debugging is On). Then, on your desktop, you just have to search for a busy location from the search bar and move there!
Free GPS Spoofing Apps Which I Can Use as a Pokémon GO Spoofer
Here is a list of GPS Spoofing apps that you can use on your Android and iOS devices for free. Some of these apps may contain ads.
Fake GPS Location
Fake GPS Location is for Android users only. With a rating of 4.5 on Google Play Store, it is the best Pokémon GO spoofer for Android gamers. It was released back in 2011, and the last update was in 2018, but nevertheless, it still works like a champ! It has 10M+ downloads with a high number of positive reviews by its users. You can teleport anywhere in the world, and the best part of it is that it’s totally free!
Just open the app, you will see your current location displayed on it. You can navigate from the map to change your location or you can also set up a desired location from the search bar. Just enter the location in the search bar and teleport there!
iOS Roaming Guide
iOSRoamingGuide is a GPS Spoofing app available on Cydia, which is an App Store for Jailbroken iOS devices. It is totally free and works smoothly. You can pin your location from the given map or use the Search option to go to a particular location you desire. You also have the option to save your desired locations.
Why Is My VPN Not Working on Pokémon GO?
One of the bugs which you can come across is your VPN not working which results in you not being able to change your location on Pokémon GO. Make sure you know how to check if your VPN is working or not. Other than that, you can use these hacks to restore your VPN to work properly as it was working before.
- Clear Cache and Data: Go to your Pokémon GO app and clear all the cache and data.
- Find My Device: Make sure you disable the Find My Device app on your device.
- Restart Location: Go to your phone’s Settings and locate Locations, restart it by the toggle button.
- Check Mock Location: You might forget to turn your Mock Location on, check and make sure it is turned on.
How Can I Download Pokémon GO If It Is Not Available In My Country
The best way to download Pokémon GO is to set up a VPN app on your device, change your location and download Pokémon GO by masking your IP address. Make sure you also know how to create a VPN with ease with the limited resources you have in hand. To download Pokémon GO, follow the steps below.
- Subscribe to a reliable VPN service and download it on your device.
- Go to the Settings, choose Applications and locate Google Play Store.
- Tap on Clear Data.
- Turn On your VPN and select a region where Pokémon GO is available (Pokémon GO is available in the US).
- Go to Google Play Store and search for Pokémon GO.
- Install it and enjoy playing your favorite game!
- Get a subscription plan for a reliable VPN service (Learn more about NordVPN) and install it on your iOS device.
- Turn your VPN on and set a location.
- Go to Settings>iTunes & App Store>View Apple ID.
- In the settings of your Apple ID, change your country/region to a region where Pokémon GO is available (for example, United States).
- Provide an Address and a Zip Code, finding it from Maps.
- Select a Payment Method and complete the process.
- Go to the App Store and search for Pokémon GO, download it, and start playing!
How to Catch Rare Pokémon By Geo-Spoofing?
There are different types of rare Pokémons like Pikachu, Charmander, or Tirtouga which are only present in certain regions of the world. To catch these amazing but rare Pokémons, all you have to do is follow the Pokémon Discord Community and always keep an eye on the announcements that other people make as soon as they catch a rare Pokémon.
Once you know where a Pokémon is located, you can easily geo-spoof your location by following the easy method described above and catch that rare Pokémon which you have been looking for quite a long time!
Frequently Asked Questions – FAQs
How much does ExpressVPN cost for one month?
Will I be able to geo-spoof in Pokémon GO just with a VPN?
I can't find the Developer Options in my settings, what to do?
Is iMyFone AnyTo Location Changer free?
How can I mimic walking on Pokémon GO if I want to stay home and still play?