Spotify is now available in almost 180 countries, giving millions of consumers worldwide access to great music. Spotify is the most popular app for streaming podcasts, music, and other content, with millions of users worldwide.
However, most of the data on Spotify is dependent on your current location, and in a few countries, it is also not available. As a result, it is advised to use Spotify’s update location option and manually update it.
Unfortunately, consumers in several locations, like Russia, India, and China, are unable to access this music service due to local limitations.
Don’t worry, advanced technology allows you to escape geographical limitations by using a VPN.
Read our comprehensive guide on how to use a VPN with Spotify using the best VPN, such as ExpressVPN.
How do I add a VPN to Spotify?
Do you live in a country where Spotify is not available and you miss out on your favorite music? Don’t worry here are the simple steps on how to use a VPN with Spotify:
- Subscribe to a reliable VPN service, such as ExpressVPN because of its incredible features and its fast servers.
- Install the VPN on the device.
- Set the VPN’s server location to a Spotify-approved location.
- Make your Spotify application ready for some rock music.
How to Use a VPN and Unblock Spotify From an Android Device?
A VPN can assist if you possess an Android phone but cannot access Spotify due to geographical limitations. Here are some easy steps on how to use a VPN with Spotify on Android:
- Subscribe to ExpressVPN’s package and enroll using the website’s instructions.
- Download and Install the VPN mobile application from the Google Play Store.
- Open the mobile application and sign in using your account information.
- Connect to a server where Spotify is available.
- Download Spotify and log in while connecting to the desired server. You must keep the VPN turned on when listening to the application.
How Do I Trick My Location On Spotify?
You may fool Spotify’s location by utilizing a VPN application. There are several apps accessible for download from the App Store or device’s Play.
A VPN program will disguise your device’s current IP address and allow you to manually change the location in Spotify.
Here are some steps for tricking the location on Spotify:
- Go to the App store on the device and install the VPN app which you want. Later, open the VPN application and sign up for your account.
- You have to use a premium VPN for that which is ExpressVPN. You can simply connect to your desired server from its server list to change the address.
- Moreover, you can go to more options, and after that tap, Servers to modify your region to your desired country.
- At last, you can open Spotify and watch the new features for your latest location.
Why Is My VPN Not Working On Spotify?
Remember that Spotify does not officially support Virtual Private Networks. As a result, it is possible that the application will not function properly when used in conjunction with it.
Another cause might be to use a free VPN that isn’t capable of bypassing geo-restrictions. This is why we always advise using a premium VPN.
How Does Spotify Detect VPN?
Your IP address is used by Spotify to determine your location. You won’t be able to use the platform if you live in a country where it isn’t accessible. This is why using a VPN is so vital.
Spotify may occasionally be intentionally limited for a variety of reasons by businesses.
What Free VPN Works With Spotify?
Here are some of the Free VPNs which work with Spotify:
Windscribe is the top free VPN to bypass geo-restrictions on Spotify due to its extensive feature set and overall performance.
The second best VPN is ProtonVPN which is a good option that provides limitless bandwidth but has a speed constraint.
How Do I Trick My Spotify To VPN?
Want to know how to use a VPN with Spotify to trick it. Here are the easy steps:
- To encrypt your device, use a VPN service like ExpressVPN.
- Verify if the VPN connection is permitted to accept Spotify messages.
- Launch your Spotify application to get ready for some rock music.
How Do I Change My Country On Spotify Without Paying?
If you don’t want to give this data, you may use the contact form on Spotify’s web page (just choose “About Us” above, & then choose “Contact Form”).
However, if you don’t have the premium account then:
- Navigate to the account page.
- Edit Profile should be selected.
- Browse to Country or region and choose your new option from the menu bar.
- Then select Save Profile.
Why Is Spotify Not Working With VPN?
If you’re having difficulties connecting to Spotify’s unique servers via a VPN, it’s possible that your VPN isn’t the problem. Check your connection, restart your devices, and turn off/on DNS and proxy if you’re using them.
Can A VPN Bypass Spotify?
Yes, a VPN can help you avoid Spotify’s geo-restrictions by making it appear as though you’re in a region where the streaming platform’s geo-blocking does not apply.
However, not every VPN is capable of bypassing geo-restrictions. That is why out of all the VPNs we’ve tried, ExpressVPN is by far the greatest for streaming Spotify.
Spotify’s vast server network allows you to enjoy your favorite music at lightning-fast rates from anywhere in the globe.
How to Access Spotify from anywhere using a VPN?
You can access Spotify from anywhere by simply downloading a reliable VPN like ExpressVPN. We highly suggest you use a premium VPN, otherwise, you might experience buffering issues while accessing Spotify.
That’s why it is critical to select a reputable VPN service provider. However, the market’s dozens of VPN services may make things quite confusing at times.
We recommend ExpressVPN because of its blazing-fast servers and Mediastreamer feature which allows you to stream up to 5 simultaneous connections providing you an amazing streaming experience.
After downloading the ExpressVPN app, connect to your desired server where Spotify is available and start enjoying your chill time.
How do I turn the VPN on?
To turn on the VPN follow the simple steps below:
- Choose the Start button, then enter settings.
- Navigate to Settings.
- Choose Network & Internet.
- Then Tap VPN and choose to add VPN.
Note: Try using the best VPN for watching Spotify as not every VPN is capable of bypassing the strong geo-restrictions.
How do I unlock region lock on Spotify?
If Spotify is prohibited in your country or if you wish to access Spotify’s collection in a different zone. Here’s how to use a VPN with Spotify to listen to region-locked tracks.
- Subscribe to a reliable VPN. Our recommendation is ExpressVPN because of its optimized servers and it offers 5 simultaneous connections.
- Download and install the VPN application. Go to the ExpressVPN website.
- Connect to an appropriate VPN server.
- Create an account on Spotify.
- Start streaming after logging in with your credentials.
Where Is Spotify Available?
Spotify is available on most continents including 40 countries in Africa, Asia, almost all of Europe, North America, South America, and Oceania, except for Russia, China, and India.
For more information, you can explore the whole list of the countries where Spotify is available.
There you have it! We’re confident that after reading this article, you’ll be able to fool Spotify’s region by using a VPN and can enjoy listening to your favorite songs.
A VPN is the most effective approach to circumvent the IP-based limitation. ExpressVPN is the best VPN for bypassing geo-restrictions in seconds.
The good news for those moving from iTunes is that Spotify will now import and stream your local band’s files just like every other MP3 player.
However, if you have any questions after reading the article on how to use a VPN with Spotify, please leave them in the comments below.